Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Nervous, Anxious, Frazzled, Frustrated, Inadequate, Excited, Determined, Envious, Panicked, Unsettled, Tense, Weepy, Worried, Uneasy, Inspired, & Love

To spare you all some time, I decided to write every single emotion I am feeling right now in my title. Each feeling is just a simple word, that way I didn't have to explain it all and write a crazy long boring blog. You can thank me later :)

Well yesterday we started our Public Policy track work. (FYI-the first two weeks we are here, we go through leadership & vocation classes. Then we go into our track work). We got our syllabus yesterday, and oh my lanta it is going to be exciting, yet I can already foresee that it's going to be very stressful. I am actually going to write a blog tomorrow about it. It'll be interesting :)

So today we all started our internships! As I know I've mentioned before, I am the communications and marketing intern at The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA). Long story short, I got off to a bad start. It started with the night before getting lost trying to find my internship spot (so I would know where to go in the morning), to being nervous that I then wouldn't find it, and then to me waking up 2 1/2 hours late. Some how I was not late... don't as how I managed that one. All of the coworkers that I met are so nice, and they all really seem like a lot of fun. I started the morning with sending out the media clips, and ended the day with writing a blog for their website. It was all really nice, besides the fact that I feel totally inadequate. Basically I got an issue, learned about it and wrote a blog about it for their actual website. In normal circumstances I would think that was awesome, however in this one, I feel rather inadequate. I can easily sit here and write my own blog because I am writing as me. I write based on my personality type. But when it comes to writing a blog for a company's website that I am not as familiar with, I have a hard time writing it with it emphasized on it's "personality" type. Does that make sense? Maybe it's just me.  Either way, I am excited to continue on with this internship, and hopefully by the end I wont be feeling so inadequate anymore :P

This link here will show you what I blogged about today for AAFA. I would talk about it on here but clicking on this link will give you enough of what it's about. Although, I encourage you all to look into this issue further. If you support it, then please create an account on whitehouse.gov (you will see where under the article) and sign the petition. In order for the petition to be effective, 25,000 electronic signatures are needed by March 1.

(p.s. ... this website takes a little longer to load, so just be patient :)

1 comment:

  1. Deep breathes Abs. You are capable of doing an awesome job!!! Enjoy you experience, which I know you will.

    Lobe ya lots!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete