Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Journey Begins!

I started my journey to the nations capital this morning at 4am. Mom, dad & I started on route 11 in a snow storm. Going only 40mph we road on icy roads, and almost got into several accidents due to crazy drivers and dads inability to stay awake. I, however, don't remember a thing :P I slept very peacefully in the back seat of the car until we arrived in blue sky, sunny Maryland stopping at Bob Evans for breakfast. I LOVE Bobby's breakfast! :)

I was excited when we started seeing the signs for Washington! But we weren't quite there! We had to stop at our hotel first :) Just to back it up a bit...my parents and I left a day before I actually had to be moving into my apartment. That way we could be sure that we got there on time before I move in. We are staying at a hotel called the 'Washington Suites" in Alexandria!




My cousin Katie lives close to D.C. so she met up with us for lunch at Teds Montana Grill in Crystal City! Their food is delicious, and their specialty...Bison! Now, if you haven't ever had a good bison burger than I highly suggest it because it is De-Li-Cious! My burger was called the "Spoon & Fork", because you literally need a spoon and fork to eat it. It had chilly, sour cream and cheesy goodness all over it! And for those of you who know me well...Yes, I DID eat meat! Haha and lots of it! :) So if you ever make your way to D.C. I suggest you to head on over to "Teds Montana Grill", you won't regret it!

 Mom & dad trying to figure out the metro cards :P

Dad & I freezing waiting for the metro  
My cousin Katie & I at Teds Montana Grill! :)

On the metro!

My glorious burger at Teds! Mmm!

Crystal City "sitting" on the wall painting haha



I guess I'm cheating a little bit because I have been to D.C. before and have already eaten at Teds Montana Grill. Although coming here this time is different. This time I'm not going back home after a couple days, and THIS time I HAVE to learn the metro instead of depending on someone else to do it for me. This time I'm staying for awhile! About 4 months that is. I'm going to become miss independent and own this city! During the day of course because it's probably not as safe at night :P

Well tomorrow begins a brand new adventure. I'll be headed up to Capital Hill to move into my apartment! And yes, you did read that right! On CAPITAL HILL in a luxurious 2 bedroom furnished apartment with a stocked kitchen and a roof top that I can go up on. Also, tomorrow I will get to meet the roommates I'll be living with for the next 4 months. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I know living in DC will definitely be a different lifestyle than I am used to. I'll be seeing things that might bother me, scare me and even intimidate me. With this I thought I would end with the verse that has been going through my head while preparing to head to DC. I'm sure you are all familiar with it :) It is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength".  This is an encouraging, inspirational verse and is a good one to remember :)

No comments:

Post a Comment