Friday, January 20, 2012

Time To Move On In, & Boy Am I "Moving On Up"!

It's 12:30am so I'm sure the date will be for Friday, but obviously it's for Thursday :)

Whelp, I am all moved in! & honestly I wish I wouldn't of been scarce on my packing because me oh my is this spacious! I am so used to the typical dorm style of living...ya know, the whole having to get creative with what you have kind of situation. But I'm in an apartment made for 6, and there is only 4 of us (Thank you Jesus :) cause 6 would have been packed!). I was the first one to move in and of course that's always the best cause you get first dibs! So yes, I did of course pick the room that is made to have 4 people in it (Two big closets, dressers and bunk beds), and there are only 2 of us :) So a nice big closet for all of my clothes and HIGH HEELS ;) and a bunk bed where I can sleep on the bottom one month, then sleep on the top the next (not that I'm going to do that or anything). I absolutely love having cabinets in the bathroom, a coat closet, a linen closet and a kitchen! It's the little things like a coat closet or linen closet that I don't really think about until having lived in a dorm. I'm really moving on up in my lifestyle :P Check out my roof top view below! 





Now my roommates couldn't be more perfect! One is from Alaska, she's a gold miner and goes bear hunting (cool right?!). The other (my room roommate who I share a room with) has a mass collection of elephants; elephant stuffed animals, figurines, jewelry, shirts, shoes you name it! And why you ask does she have this lovely collection? Because she is a die hard Republican!!! She even owns a pair of REPUBLICAN TOMS! HOW cool is that?! Those are definitely something that's going on my birthday list! Mom did you catch that?? ;) She brought a wonderful bunch of really great political books too that I'm excited about getting to read. Also, she's from Kansas. Then my third roommate is from Southern California and is just cuter than a button (what does "cuter than a button" even mean?!)! She reminds me of my roommate from freshman year of college. 

We got to meet everyone tonight at a banquet which was a lot of fun. Everyone seems pretty cool. I talked to this one girl (the only other Ohioian I know of so far that's here) for about an hour! It's really neat how a lot of us are connecting already when it's only the first night being here. After the banquet about 12 of us headed down the street to seven eleven to get slurpees and then headed over to the Capital. Though I've seen it before, I stood in awe while standing across the street from it at night time. It's lite up and looks so white against the dark night sky...it's almost like a reverse silhouette. 

So theres one thing I'm not to sure about... and that's the fact that I already have blisters on my feet from walking! Now see, walking is pretty much all you do here and I was even wearing a comfortable pair of boots. Looks like I will be wearing my hot pink reebok reezigs with my business attire now :P

I better head to bed, luckily I have a long day ahead of me! (Sitting at home doing nothing was killing me haha) Hoping I will be able to sleep through these sirens all night! Oh the noises of the city :)

2 comments: